Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Fall is coming, and in VT, apples are everywhere, ready to be picked. I found this dish wonderfully comforting...
- Melt half of the butter in a small nonstick saucepan, add apple and cook till apple starts to brown, then add sugar and stir till nicely brown.
- Beat eggs and milk together till incorporated, don't overbeat.
- Heat remaining butter in a small nonstick pan over high heat, when butter starts to foam, add egg mixture and reducce heat to medium low.
- When egg sets a little bit, add goat cheese on one half, arrange apple on top of cheese.
- Fold the omelet in half, slide onto a plate (preferably warm) and serve immediately.
This was so good! I will definitely make again. The tart/sweet of apples with goat cheese was a very pleasant surprise. Thanks for the recipe!
This is delicious! I wanted to try it because goat cheese is one of my favorite things to put in omelets, but my idea of an accompanying filling usually runs more to spinach or potatoes. Apple never occurred to me. What a great combination of flavors. I used a Granny Smith apple, as recommended, and suggest keeping to that - it retained some of its crunch and tartness, yum. I used a whole apple and 2 ounces of goat cheese and it was fine.