- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces mushrooms, stemmed and sliced (I use mix of shiitake and creamini)
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons sage, Chopped
- fresh parmesan cheese, freshly grated, to taste
- 1 lemon, halved
- 16 ounces gnocchi (or pasta)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook butter and olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat until butter begins to brown. (about 2 minutes).
- Add mushrooms, garlic and shallots and saute until golden brown (about 10 minutes).
- Add stock and sage, simmer until liquid is about 1/3 reduced (about 10 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper, squeeze a splash of lemon (I've also used white wine) into sauce, add cooked gnocchi and toss.
- Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with cheese.