Recipe by katew
This is adapted from a Julia le Clerc recipe.
Top Review by appleydapply
This got mixed reviews in our house, ranging from OK to "great!". I liked the way the ingredients really dressed up the canned white tuna. Some thought the other flavors (olives & capers) were too strong, though. Our gnocchi was a little gummy, but I don't know if that's the recipe's fault, or the brand we bought. Overall we enjoyed this dish and I will probably make again. Next time I might let everyone garnish with the olives and capers to their taste if they don't want as much.
- 500 g gnocchi, available from supermarket
- 185 g tuna in brine, drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cream, lite is Ok
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Cook gnocchi according to instrucions on pack.
- Place into lightly oiled casserole dish.
- Mix tuna into gnocchi.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with cream
- Scatter with cheeses.
- Bake for 15 minutes until hot and cheese is golden brown.
- Scatter with olives and capers.
- Bake 5 minutes more.