Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Website: www.glutenfreegodess.com
Make and share this Gluten Free Tropical Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 bermuda onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 zucchini, cut
- 1 large red pepper, cored, cut into chunks
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry
- 1 -2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 large lime, juice of
- Drizzle a touch of olive oil in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Rinse chicken breasts in cold water and pat dry. Place in the bottom of the slow cooker. Season with sea salt and ground pepper. Add the onion, garlic, red pepper, and pineapple chunks with juice.
- Add the broth, spices, and brown sugar or agave.
- Cover and cook on low or high- your choice- according to your slow cooker's instructions for cooking chicken and vegetables.
- A half an hour before serving, add the coconut milk, sliced olives, and lime juice; stir a bit.
- Cover and heat through for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve- with all the broth- over hot cooked brown rice.
Great! Served with rice. Will probably add more veggies next time to make it a more complete meal. But still really nice.
This worked out pretty well. I have to admit that I was worried it was going to be over all far too sweet - but by the time it was done cooking, it was much more mellow. It makes quite a bit of sauce so I thickened it up with some flour near the end. I also didn't add as much coconut milk as it called for. My diners said the chicken was really moist. Thanks for the post CHC!