Recipe by Carolyn's Kitchen
These soft sugar cookies will have the wheat crowd wishing they could eat our cookies!!!!! Maaaaybe we might share, LOL.
Top Review by Healthy Mama: 1434108
These cookies are absolutely wonderful!!! I am surprised no one has rated these yet...I used my moms butter cream frosting recipe with these and I cant tell the difference from when my mom made these with regular flour when I was a child. Thank you so much for this recipe, it will be a keep her in my house every year.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml coconut oil
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml lime juice
- 532.32 ml rice flour
- 7.39 ml xanthan gum
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar, oil and apple sauce until the sugar until the sugar has disolved. You could use butter in place of the coconut oil and apple sauce but it isn't as healthy.
- Add the egg, vanilla (use gluten free), sour cream (gelatin free), and fresh lime juice and mix.
- Mix and sift together all the dry ingredients. Rice flour, xanthan, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Load a cookie press (which makes rather small cookies), and drop cookies on to an ungreased cookie sheet. If you don't have a cookie press you may want to cool the dough before dropping the cookies by spoon and press.
- Bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes remove at the first sign of browning and place on a cooling rack. Length of baking and number of servings will depend on cookie size.
- Then Enjoy!