Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These soft sugar cookies will have the wheat crowd wishing they could eat our cookies!!!!! Maaaaybe we might share, LOL.
- Beat sugar, oil and apple sauce until the sugar until the sugar has disolved. You could use butter in place of the coconut oil and apple sauce but it isn't as healthy.
- Add the egg, vanilla (use gluten free), sour cream (gelatin free), and fresh lime juice and mix.
- Mix and sift together all the dry ingredients. Rice flour, xanthan, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Load a cookie press (which makes rather small cookies), and drop cookies on to an ungreased cookie sheet. If you don't have a cookie press you may want to cool the dough before dropping the cookies by spoon and press.
- Bake at 350 for 5-10 minutes remove at the first sign of browning and place on a cooling rack. Length of baking and number of servings will depend on cookie size.
- Then Enjoy!
These cookies are absolutely wonderful!!! I am surprised no one has rated these yet...I used my moms butter cream frosting recipe with these and I cant tell the difference from when my mom made these with regular flour when I was a child. Thank you so much for this recipe, it will be a keep her in my house every year.
These cookies were great! They were very soft and chewy! Almost more cake like even. They are good with and with out frosting. The recipe ingredient list does not say how much baking powder to use, but it does say to use it and mix in with the dry ingredients... So I used 1tsp. I guess if anyone really knows how much to use maybe add it on here, or make the correction. Also if you don't use a cookie press you have to press the dough down some! Otherwise they were like little clouds! :) I just carefully spread each one out before baking and that worked great and they were more cookie like. Over all though they tasted great and my whole family (even the ones who can have gluten) loved them!!!