1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Quinoa Salad
A recipe me and my mom made up as we went when we first got into eating quinoa. With different variations you can make it vegetarian as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First rinse and drain the Quinoa till the water runs clear to prevent a bitter taste in the finished product.
- 2Place the Quinoa in a medium sauce pot with the 2 cups or chicken stock, water or vegetable stock can be uses as well to make this vegetarian.
- 3Bring the Quinoa to a boil and then reduce to a simmer with the lid on.
- 4Simmer for around 20 minutes until the Quinoa germ is visible, The grain will be slightly chewy but not overly so. Time could vary depending on your stove and your brand of Quinoa some take less time while others take more. The water will be mostly if not completely absorbed when the Quinoa is done.
- 5Set the Quinoa aside when it's done to let it cool. Seed and then chop the cucumber and chop some tomato as well to garnish.
- 6Once the Quinoa is cooled add the cucumber as well as the olive oil. Use a zester to zest the lemon and then juice the lemon. Depending on the size of the lemon you may only need half the lemon.
- 7Add the salt and pepper to taste and mix the Quinoa together. Serve chilled with a garnish of tomato.
- 8It's not listed in the recipe but you may toast some pine nuts and add them as well. I omit them from this recipe because I'm allergic but my mother likes them in it.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Quinoa Salad
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 188.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g