Toasted Quinoa Salad
photo by threeovens
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 cup red capsicum, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon other citrus juice
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon fresh chili pepper
- Rinse quinoa and drain (as you would with rice). Place in small saucepan with 1½-2 cups of water.
- Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer (12-15 minutes) until tender and all water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Mix carrot, capsicum, parsley, coriander and Spanish onion in large bowl. Add cold quinoa and toss to combine. Whisk together citrus juice, tamari, ginger, garlic and chili. Pour over salad and combine well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was my first time using quinoa grain (have used the flakes once) and WOW what an experience. Not sure if it came out right as it was not a very individual grain but a little gluggy, I used 2 full cups and it was completly absorbed in 14 minutes but the taste was fantastic. I made a full recipe and we each had a quarter and the DM has claimed left overs for her lunch tomorrow, a big plus getting her to eat vegies and something really healthy and to thoroughly enjoy. Will definately be using quinoa more but maybe cut back the liquid to see what results I get but as was definately made easy eating for the DM. Thank you **Jubes**, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 15.
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free