Recipe by The Blender Girl
This recipe is another one I adapted from my childhood. This latest gluten free incantation is simple, tasty, and thanks to the beloved pumpkin – really moist. If you are making this recipe in the United States – use unsweetened canned pumpkin. These quick, easy muffins can be prepared in less than 10 minutes and are totally scrumptious!
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine celtic sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup sultanas or 1 cup raisins
- 1 organic egg
- 1⁄4 cup cold pressed canola oil
- 1⁄2-1 cup of plain mashed pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup organic almond milk or 1⁄2 cup soy milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan, salt and spices in a bowl and stir together mixing evenly.
- Break an egg into the mixer and gradually add in the oil, milk, and then the pumpkin, until mixed through.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until a thick batter forms.
- Fold in the raisins and spoon into well greased muffin pots.
- Bake in a moderate oven – about 170C/325 F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve warm, with butter and honey, eat cold as a snack, or enjoy with a warm bowl of soup or zesty salad.