Recipe by katii
Rich and fudgey with a hint of orange, these cute little treats are perfect to serve at any gathering.
- 2⁄3 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2⁄3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 3 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- 4 candy orange slices, each cut into 4 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- For brownies, stir together flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In a second bowl stir together remaining ingredients.
- Pour water mixture over flour mixture and stir until batter is smooth.
- Pour into greased muffins cups, filling about half full.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes then turn out onto rack to cool; after cooled poke bottoms several times with a fork.
- For glaze, bush brownies with first amount of liqueur.
- Bring cream to a boil in a saucepan and remove from heat.
- Add chocolate and second amount of liqueur to hot cream and stir until smooth.
- Spoon mixture slowly over brownies, allowing lots to drip down the sides.
- Top with orange wedges and chill for 1 hour until glaze has set.