Moist, fudgey, and oh-so-cute! These cupcakes are rich and chocolatey with a sweet and crispy toasted coconut centre. Be sure that you press the coconut well into the cupcakes; it tends to 'erupt' from the batter while baking!
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 1⁄2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons whole powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 drop red food coloring
- 1 -2 drop orange food coloring
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened dried shredded coconut
- For muffins, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Stir and make a well in center.
- In another bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- Stir in milk and oil; pour into well.
- Stir until JUST moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups.
- For filling, mix milk powder with water, stirring vigourusly to blend well.
- Add butter, coloring, and vanilla; mix.
- Stir in coconut and form into 16 balls.
- Push into top center of each muffin.
- Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 20 to 25 minutes.