1/1 Photo of Gluten-Free Choco-Coconut 'volcano' Cupcakes
Moist, fudgey, and oh-so-cute! These cupcakes are rich and chocolatey with a sweet and crispy toasted coconut centre. Be sure that you press the coconut well into the cupcakes; it tends to 'erupt' from the batter while baking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup light stoneground buckwheat flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1For muffins, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 2Stir and make a well in center.
- 3In another bowl, beat eggs slightly.
- 4Stir in milk and oil; pour into well.
- 5Stir until JUST moistened.
- 6Fill greased muffin cups.
- 7For filling, mix milk powder with water, stirring vigourusly to blend well.
- 8Add butter, coloring, and vanilla; mix.
- 9Stir in coconut and form into 16 balls.
- 10Push into top center of each muffin.
- 11Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Choco-Coconut 'volcano' Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.3
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 97.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder