Recipe by Andrew Mollmann
Tasty chicken pot pie modified to be gluten free. I used a store bought pie crust from Whole Foods, but you can make your own...
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup gluten-free flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 unbaked pie shell (or 2 if you like crust on top and bottom)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut up all of the vegetables and place them in a pot with the raw chicken and the chicken broth.
- Boil until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove chicken from pot and cut into 1" chunks.
- Add salt, pepper and chopped chicken. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix flour with ~1 cup cold water and add to pot.
- Mix cornstarch with ~1 cup cold water and slowly pour into pot.
- Mix well and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Pour mixture into oven dish. I used a 9" x 9" x 2" dish and it all fit in perfectly.
- Top dish with pie crust. Cut several slits in pie crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in oven until edges of pie crust are golden brown and mixture is bubbling through cracks. (about 25-35 minutes).