Recipe by WI Cheesehead
This is from Twin Valley Mills, the company that grows the sorghum. It turned out very good. The recipe was developed by Barbara Kliment. I cut the salt to 2 tsp.
- 2 cups sorghum flour
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch or 6 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together.
- To use, spoon out the amount needed to coat meat. Meat/fish can be dipped in milk and beaten egg before dredging for a thicker, crispier coating.
- Store any unused mix in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, or freeze.