Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe a friend gave me some time ago. She is gluten sensitive and suggested that I try a gluten free diet for a minimum of five weeks. I advised I doubt I could stay away from bread for five weeks! And that is when she offered this recipe. I was quite surprised! It was quite good! Plan to play with the recipe a little to add a bit of diversity. Perhaps Rosmary, garlic and black olives or sun dried tomatos and basil. This bread is great lightly toasted and served with your favourite preserves!
- Ensure that milk is at room temperature
- Follow the order recommended by the manufacturer when placing the ingredients into the breadmaker pan.
- Select the dough or sweet dough cycle. Let it run for five minutes and then check the consistency of the dough. Add additional liquid or rice flour if needed.
- Once dough cycle is finished, I like to remove it from breadmaker and place into a bread pan. Let rise until double its size then bake at 350'F for about 40 minutes. If you prefer, you can also let the breadmaker go through the entire cycle and cook the bread.
- When bread is finished, let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pan.
I found this recipe this afternoon- threw everything in the bread maker- and it turned out DELICIOUS!!! A perfect crunchy crust with a soft inside. My 6 year old daughter is on a gluten free diet- and this is the best results I have had with making her bread.