This recipe is perfect for a small family. I frosted the cupcakes and then froze them. They defrost nicely. These are sinfully delicious frosted with recipe Chocolate-Peanut Butter Frosting and garnished with chopped peanuts.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, gluten free blend
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cake, enhancer (Modified Tapioca Starch)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla, gluten free
- 1 large egg
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup milk (I used almond milk.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and cake enhancer. Using the wire whisk attachment to a stand mixer whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Place the oil, vanilla, egg, banana and 1/4 cup of the milk in a blender container. Blend until liquid.
- Replace the whisk attachment with the beater attachment and add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. If the batter looks dry add in the additional milk. When thoroughly combined continue to beat the batter for 2 minutes.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop batter into prepared cupcake liners. Place in oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow the cupcakes to rest for 5 minutes. Remove from pans and place on wire rack to cool. Once completely cool frost and enjoy.