1 hr 30 mins
Thank you Oregonian! I don't miss many desserts since giong gluten-free, but this is one of the few. Oh so good...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large apples (such as Granny Smith or McIntosh)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 2 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 quart low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Peel, quarter, core and slice the apples 1/2-inch thick. In a medium bowl, toss the apple slices with the lemon juice, orange juice, orange zest and ginger. Transfer the apples to the prepared baking pan. Set aside.
- 3In a food processor, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, rice flour and tapioca starch; pulse for 2 to 3 seconds. Add butter in tablespoons and pulse until the mixture is crumbly, with butter pieces no bigger than a pea. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples.
- 4Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until the apples are tender and juices are bubbling in the center. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.8
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.5 mg
- Sodium 168.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 71.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: