Chef #494084's Note:
This is stolen directly from http://simplygluten-free.com and put here so I never lose it. It's gluten free but doesn't taste like it. It's easy too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup frozen dark sweet cherries (heaping)
- 1 (8 ounce) can solo almond paste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted and hot or 6 tablespoons dairy free butter substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free flour, blend
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour, blend
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- 2Thaw the frozen cherries in a bowl and save any juices that accumulate. (You can do this either at room temperature or in the microwave at 30 percent power for 2 – 3 minutes.) Coarsely chop the cherries.
- 3Break up the almond paste into the bowl of an electric mixer preferably fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat the almond paste until it crumbles. Add ½ cup of sugar and the hot, melted butter. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat after each addition. Add the vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine, scrapping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Fold in the cherries and reserved juices. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tins. Top each muffin with some of the sliced almonds and about ¼ teaspoon of sugar. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until risen and golden brown.
- 4Let the muffins cool in the pan and serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Almond Cherry Muffins Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.5
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 164.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: