4 hrs 5 mins
This is a traditional Swedish mulled wine. The recipe is from my husband's grandfather's family who came to the states from Sweden in the 1900's. It is YUMMY! Very warming on cold nights- but be careful, it goes down so easily that it's easy to drink too much and the hangovers are awful! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non-reactive pot combine raisins, sugar, cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks and almonds.
- 2Cover with water and simmer for 2 hours.
- 3Turn off burner and add wine.
- 4Let sit for 1-2 hours.
- 5Remove raisins and spices, either by straining or with a slotted spoon. Save the raisins to snack on! Just make sure the kids don't get them--they are STRONG!
- 6To serve, heat in individual mugs in the microwave, adding a shot of vodka if you are really daring!
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glogg (Swedish Mulled Red Wine)- My Swedish Mother in Law's
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: