Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a traditional Swedish mulled wine. The recipe is from my husband's grandfather's family who came to the states from Sweden in the 1900's. It is YUMMY! Very warming on cold nights- but be careful, it goes down so easily that it's easy to drink too much and the hangovers are awful! Enjoy!
- In a non-reactive pot combine raisins, sugar, cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks and almonds.
- Cover with water and simmer for 2 hours.
- Turn off burner and add wine.
- Let sit for 1-2 hours.
- Remove raisins and spices, either by straining or with a slotted spoon. Save the raisins to snack on! Just make sure the kids don't get them--they are STRONG!
- To serve, heat in individual mugs in the microwave, adding a shot of vodka if you are really daring!