Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are crisp and are accented with cloves and cinnamon.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine spices and remaining ingredients.
- Gradually add to sugar mixture; blend until dough comes together.
- Do not overmix.
- Divide dough in half; roll each half into a 12-inch log about 1-inch in diameter.
- Place dough on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack 20 minutes.
- Cut log crosswise with a sharp serrated knife into 1/2-inch slices on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Cool, then store in a tightly covered container.
This is a nice recipe .. I liked the flavor but felt that the cloves overwhelmed the other spices, so I will omit it next time .. thanks!