Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - Australia/New Zealand. This is from a website named, Helen’s Kitchen. NOTE: This recipe could also be used successfully with snow peas and or carrots.
- 3 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Remove tip of each sugar snap pea; pull string from side and set aside until needed.
- In large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat; fry garlic and ginger until fragrant, for 1 minute.
- Add peas and 2 tbsp water; cover and steam until tender-crisp, for 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame oil, salt and pepper.
Loving this! I found the peas at the local store, wonders never cease. lol. Served the peas with grilled lamb and a potato salad. This only took the 15 mins because of cleaning the peas. Cooking is uber fast and mine were the perfect tender crisp texture. Kato, I'm sorry, the camera battery crapped out before I got to the veg. They tasted and looked great though! :D
Soooooooo easy and sooooooo good. I love sugar snap peas. The natural sweetness of the peas along with the ginger and sesame oil make a great combination. Thanks for another wonderful recipe, BK.
A wonderfully quick and easy side with a nice Asian flavor, I may have used a little more sesame oil than called for. Thanks for the post.