Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We like to make these waffles on Christmas morning, but they are good anytime.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- Combine first 6 ingredients.
- Sift into bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar until thick and foamy.
- Stir in buttermilk and molasses.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until moistened.
- Stir in margarine.
- Pour 1 and 1/4 cups batter onto preheated, greased waffle iron.
- Cook until done.
- Seve with sliced bananas and whipped cream.
I made this recipe for a Holiday Breakfast for the office. It was a major hit! I even was able to make the batter the night before, so I was ready to go the next morning.
what wonderful waffles! we all love gingerbread and this tasted just the same. we put the bananas and whipped cream on it, then decided we needed a little maple syrup, too. we enjoyed them on a relaxing morning before christmas.
These were very good! I think they seemed a little dry so we added more butter on top and that helped. Next time I think I'll use a little more butter in the mix. Overall they were a hit with my husband and my one year old too!