1 hr 15 mins
Audrey M's Note:
What a treat to serve to those you Love! Great as an appetizer, dessert or just for breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup softened butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- sifted powdered sugar
- 1In a mixing bowl, cream butter beating well on medium speed with an electric mixer; gradually add sugar.
- 2Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each egg is added.
- 3Combine flour, soda, and spices; set aside.
- 4Combine molasses and sour cream.
- 5Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with molasses mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 6Mix just until blended after each addition.
- 7Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch Bundt pan.
- 8Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool in pan for 15 minutes then remove and cool completely on a wire cake rack.
- 10Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 11Serve with Lemon sauce, if desired.
- 12Lemon Sauce: Combine first 3 ingredients in a saucepan, stirring until smooth.
- 13Cook over medium heat, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- 14Add remaining ingredients; cook until heated.
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1840 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.9
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 150.8 mg
- Sodium 293.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g