Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple yet yummy different version of plain pancakes.
Make and share this Gingerbread Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg and milk, then stir in the molasses,and then the oil.
- Add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour a quarter cup of batter for each pancake on a preheated grill.
- Cook on the first side until the batter if full of bubbles on the surface.
- Flip the pancake and cook til the second side is lightly browned.
These are excellent! My only change was to add a generous pinch of ground cloves. I added some chocolate chips to some of the pancakes, and my daughter scarfed down 3 of them. Delicious with or without syrup! We all loved these, even my 15 month old (who usually just tosses his food on the floor). <br/>I would use about 1/4 cup less of milk next time to thicken up the batter.
Absolutely some of the best tasting pancakes we've had! LOVED the taste & will be making these again soon so I can top them off with some of the homemade cranberry syrup I have in mind! Thanks for sharing this great keeper! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend Tag]
Nice change to regular pancakes, my children enjoyed them. I didn't want the molasses flavour to be too strong, so I lessened by 1 tbsp, I could have even gone a little less than that and used a bit of sugar as another reviewer suggested. I subbed Ener-G egg replacer for eggs and used some vanilla rice milk. Worked out great - it's a really thick batter which cooked up well.