Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
A simple yet yummy different version of plain pancakes.
Top Review by KatieLynn
Loved these - made as written and they were just perfect. Light and fluffy, with a nice gingerbread flavor. Wonderful Christmas Eve breakfast, think we have a new tradition. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the egg and milk, then stir in the molasses,and then the oil.
- Add the flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour a quarter cup of batter for each pancake on a preheated grill.
- Cook on the first side until the batter if full of bubbles on the surface.
- Flip the pancake and cook til the second side is lightly browned.