So good on a cold morning! I love gingerbread! Serve with maple syrup, or just a sprinkling of powdered sugar and a squeeze of lemon, or to make it real authentic, lingonberry preserves!
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together egg and milk.
- Stir in molasses, then oil.
- Add flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour a quarter cup of batter per pancake onto griddle.
- Cook on first side until puffed, full of bubbles and dry looking around edges.
- Turn and cook until second side is browned.
These are awesome. My son and I agree that these are THE best pancakes we have ever had.
These were very good. The batter had a nice consistency, not too thin, not too thick. I ate mine with maple syrup and DH had his with pear butter. Thanks for the recipe. Made for ZWT6.
Loved these pancakes, most definitely, & will be happy to make them again, hopefully to share with company! Am also a big fan of cinnamon so was generous with my measurements there! Even stuck with your listed lingonberry preserves, too, & they were great! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed while touring Germany with the ZWT6 group]