Recipe by Charmie777
So good on a cold morning! I love gingerbread! Serve with maple syrup, or just a sprinkling of powdered sugar and a squeeze of lemon, or to make it real authentic, lingonberry preserves!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- lingonberry preserves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together egg and milk.
- Stir in molasses, then oil.
- Add flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Pour a quarter cup of batter per pancake onto griddle.
- Cook on first side until puffed, full of bubbles and dry looking around edges.
- Turn and cook until second side is browned.