1 hr 20 mins
This is from Cooking Light. It includes part all-purpose flour and part whole wheat flour, as well as prune baby food! That especially caught my eye, so I had to post it here to try later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 7 3/4 oz)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (about 3 1/3 oz)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 cup warm 1% low-fat milk (100 degrees-110 degrees)
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons prune baby food
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1Preheat oven 350 degrees farenheit. Spray 9x5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Combine flours, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- 3Combine milk and next 4 ingredients in medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended. Add sugar, stirring until well blended.
- 4Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in raisins.
- 5Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle walnuts in a 2 1/2-inch-wide strip down center of loaf.
- 6Bake the loaf at 350 for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gingerbread Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 145.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g