Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Put into pot wth a gallon of water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Turn off heat, add two black teabags (yes, with caffeine, it is needed to provide a catalyst for the other ingredients). Steep for ten minutes with the tea, then remove teabags and continue steeping another 20 minutes.
- Add water to bring volume back to one gallon.
- Store in pitchers in refrigerator.
- Can freeze portions that won't be used in a week.
- To serve, for each cup of tea, add a few ounces of milk, rice dream or soy milk, heat up to almost boiling.
- Note: it is important to add this last ingredient to coat the stomach to protect from possible irritation from the pepper.
- This recipe has the benefits of improving circulation, reducing fever, calming digestion, stimulating the immune system, etc. Taken as a preventative, drastically reduces the incidence of colds, in my personal experience
The water amount should be listed with the ingredients. I found this to be just a bit to spicy hot for my taste. But it did calm my tummy. Made for Comfort cafe Jan 2009