Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a knock off of MEAN CHEF's Pumpkin Muffins with Crystalized Ginger (#61662) But I didn't have any crystalized ginger, and I only had one teaspoon of ground ginger, so thus this recipe was created. This makes a pretty good muffin; I like mine spicey but I put the more tame ingredients here. To make it even spicier, add another teaspoon or two of ginger, and another teaspoon of nutmeg. Serve with your favorite apple cider.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream pumpkin and sugar.
- Add butter and eggs; mix thoroughly.
- Add juice and milk; mix thoroughly.
- In seperate bowl, sift together all dry ingredients.
- Add dry to wet in thirds, mixing thoroughly each time.
- Batter will be very thick.
- Fill muffin cups 1/2 way.
- These puppies rise like crazy.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove from oven and allow to rest for at least 5 mins, then tip out of pan to cool on cooling rack for another 5 minutes.
Made this up per your recipe but doubled it. Made some muffins and some mini loafs. Everyone here loved the muffins, and the loafs are gifts for Easter. Since it didn't state to grease pans, I tried with and without greasing. Didn't matter either way they came out of pans cleanly. Thank You Annie for sharing this wonderful recipe.