Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Vegetarian Times. September 2006
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 1 (6 ounce) bagorganic Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon organic ketchup
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- Slice peel from top and bottom of grapefruit. Stand one grapefruit on work surface and cut away peel and pith with serrated knife.
- Repeat with remaining grapefruit. Slice segments from membranes, and set aside.
- To make Dressing: Squeeze grapefruit juice from remaining membranes. Whisk 3 Tbs. juice with vegetable oil, ketchup, ginger, mustard and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place spinach, almonds and grapefruit segments in large salad bowl. Toss with dressing, and serve.