Recipe by L. Duch
This is my own recipe. I tweaked it a bit from my Ginger Spare rib recipe. Don't let the fact they are chicken feet deter you from trying these.These are bone sucking good. Would make for a great appetizer for an Asian meal. And good conversation piece at parties. lol
Top Review by Coach Dash
I'd never eaten or prepared chicken feet before. I bought the feet at the Asian market.
The chicken feet seemed extremely fatty.
That said, this recipe was yummy! The flavors were magnificent!
If I do the recipe again I think I'd use chicken wings - same flavor and generally less fattiness.
It was fun to use parts that I've never used before. Try it!
- 2 -3 lbs chicken feet
- 4 -6 cups water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- TIP: No prep is necessary for the feet other than washing them, but if you wish you can cut the first knuckle off to remove the toenail.
- Put feet in large stew pot and pour enough water in just to cover them.
- Put lid on and bring to boil then lower to simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove feet and empty broth to use at a different time if desired or just discard it.
- In same pot, combine the remaining ingredients except for cornstarch and water.
- Heat and stir until sugar has melted.
- Return feet to the heated sauce. Bring to boil again, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for another hour or until feet are tender. They should just about fall off the bone when they are done.