1/1 Photo of Ginger Glazed Chicken Feet With Brown Sugar and Soy
2 hrs 15 mins
L. Duch's Note:
This is my own recipe. I tweaked it a bit from my Ginger Spare rib recipe. Don't let the fact they are chicken feet deter you from trying these.These are bone sucking good. Would make for a great appetizer for an Asian meal. And good conversation piece at parties. lol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs chicken feet
- 4 -6 cups water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1 orange, juice of
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, dissolved in
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- 1TIP: No prep is necessary for the feet other than washing them, but if you wish you can cut the first knuckle off to remove the toenail.
- 2Put feet in large stew pot and pour enough water in just to cover them.
- 3Put lid on and bring to boil then lower to simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- 4Remove feet and empty broth to use at a different time if desired or just discard it.
- 5In same pot, combine the remaining ingredients except for cornstarch and water.
- 6Heat and stir until sugar has melted.
- 7Return feet to the heated sauce. Bring to boil again, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for another hour or until feet are tender. They should just about fall off the bone when they are done.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Glazed Chicken Feet With Brown Sugar and Soy
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4060.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 82.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: