Figs and ginger made sweet to enjoy over cream cheese on toast or top a grilled or roast pork or chicken. Try as a spread in a wrap.
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Wash and heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- COMBINE all ingredients in a non reactive heavy bottom pot.
- Bring to a roiling boil ( full rolling boil over high heat is when stirring it still is boiling while being stirred) When temperature reaches 22 degrees remove cinnamon sticks.
- Carefully ladle hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight. Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, be sure the jars are covered by at least 1 inch of water, adjusting for altitude.
- Remove jars and cool in a draft free spot. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. Remove bands, wipe jars, label storing in a cool dark pantry for up to 1 year. Or wrap a ribbon if giving for gifts.