1/2 Photos of Ginger Fig Jam
Figs and ginger made sweet to enjoy over cream cheese on toast or top a grilled or roast pork or chicken. Try as a spread in a wrap.
My Private Note
1/2 pin ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREPARE boiling water canner. Wash and heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- 2COMBINE all ingredients in a non reactive heavy bottom pot.
- 3Bring to a roiling boil ( full rolling boil over high heat is when stirring it still is boiling while being stirred) When temperature reaches 22 degrees remove cinnamon sticks.
- 4Carefully ladle hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight. Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, be sure the jars are covered by at least 1 inch of water, adjusting for altitude.
- 5Remove jars and cool in a draft free spot. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed. Remove bands, wipe jars, label storing in a cool dark pantry for up to 1 year. Or wrap a ribbon if giving for gifts.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Fig Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1728 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 174.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 167.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g