Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Here's a great stir fry that goes good over rice, or thin angel hair pasta. Sometimes I add toasted sliced almonds.
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 lb boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup carrot, cut into strips
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger
- In wok or large skillet, heat 2 T oil; stir fry chicken until done and browned.
- Remove chicken, keep warm.
- In same pan add remaining oil, saute celery and carrots until crisp tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add snow peas and saute 3 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Mix broth and cornstarch; add soy sauce and ginger,stir until smooth.
- Add to vegetables;cook and stir until mixture thickens.
- Return chicken and heat through.
This does have a very nice flavor! I used tofu and veggie broth for the chicken and chicken broth, but followed all else as listed. My broth also did not thicken well - hardly at all, really - so next time I'll either increase the cornstarch or decrease the broth. Thanks!
Excellent recipe, very easy and very tasty. I cut back on the sauce as we don't like things too saucy. This is a do again recipe for sure Thanks MizzNezz
This was a wonderful, quick meal. The flavor was great! Next time I might add a bit more cornstarch as my sauce didn't thicken as much as I prefer. I served over rice & only had enough leftovers for one person's lunch. My ds had 3 helpings!