1/3 Photos of Ginger Chicken and Peanut Sauce Wraps
Linda has this recipe posted From Ginger Chicken and Peanut Sauce Wrap Ginger Chicken and Peanut Sauce Wrap. I had the challenge to reduce the fat so I made it low fat by skipping the tortilla and replace it with lettuce. Replace the noodles with brown rice. Cut the oil back. This is a fun make your own meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Peanut Sauce(A thin sauce)
- 1/4 cup peanuts (or cashews)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1Combine ingredients for marinade and mix thoroughly.
- 2Place chicken and marinade into a covered bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours (over night if desired). Cut chicken into one inch cubes.
- 3Wash and drain romaine lettuce leave whole and to drain. Wash and drain cilantro and separate into single stalks.
- 4Combine ingredients for peanut sauce and puree in a blender till smooth.
- 5Preheat sesame oil in a non stick skillet on high heat until almost smoking. Stir fry chicken for 2-3 minutes until chicken is brown and thoroughly cooked.
- 6Spread sauce down the center of each lettuce leaf. Fill leaves with 2 tablespoons of chicken, one stalk of Cilantro and 1 tablespoon of rice. Squeeze some lime and enjoy.
- 7Wraps can be made in advance and chilled if desired.
- 8Fun to have everyone make their own!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ginger Chicken and Peanut Sauce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 521.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 17.0 g