Linda has this recipe posted From Ginger Chicken and Peanut Sauce Wrap Ginger Chicken and Peanut Sauce Wrap. I had the challenge to reduce the fat so I made it low fat by skipping the tortilla and replace it with lettuce. Replace the noodles with brown rice. Cut the oil back. This is a fun make your own meal.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 ounces Coca-Cola
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Peanut Sauce(A thin sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts (or cashews)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- lime slice
- Combine ingredients for marinade and mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken and marinade into a covered bowl and place in the refrigerator for at least two hours (over night if desired). Cut chicken into one inch cubes.
- Wash and drain romaine lettuce leave whole and to drain. Wash and drain cilantro and separate into single stalks.
- Combine ingredients for peanut sauce and puree in a blender till smooth.
- Preheat sesame oil in a non stick skillet on high heat until almost smoking. Stir fry chicken for 2-3 minutes until chicken is brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Spread sauce down the center of each lettuce leaf. Fill leaves with 2 tablespoons of chicken, one stalk of Cilantro and 1 tablespoon of rice. Squeeze some lime and enjoy.
- Wraps can be made in advance and chilled if desired.
- Fun to have everyone make their own!
This was excellent, each bite produce a different taste. Good job Rita, this will become a regular in our house.