This stir fry is a little sweet and a little spicy. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Make and share this Ginger Beef and Asparagus With Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 566.99 g sirloin steaks or 566.99 g flank steaks, cut into thin strips
- 29.58 ml peanut oil (or canola oil)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 680.38 g asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces (cut very thick stalks in half lengthwise as well)
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 177.44 ml sliced carrot
- 453.59 g baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 28.39 ml sherry wine
- 28.39 ml light soy sauce
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml fresh ground ginger
- 1.23 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- In a large skillet, heat oil on high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sheery wine, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger, 5 spice powder, pepper and brown sugar. Mix well until cornstarch and sugar is dissolved.
- Sprinkle beef strips with the salt.
- When skillet and oil are hot, add beef strips and garlic and stir-fry over high heat until beef has just a little pink remaining.
- Add asparagus, onions and carrots and continue to stir fry over high heat for about 2 minutes. Add sherry/soy sauce mixture to skillet. Add mushrooms to skillet and continue stir-frying for about 3-5 minutes or until your asparagus and carrots are desired crisp-tenderness.
- Serve over hot cooked rice, if desired.
We loved this stir-fry. Delicious and full of yummy veggies. I might play with the amounts of the spices next time, but a great dish, thanks! Made this for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs!
Very good. Easy to make, a lovely stir fry. One thing i would do differently is change the ginger to minced rather than ground and increase the amount. Otherwise i loved it
A really nice stirfry. I had to make a minor adjustment, adding a bit more sherry because the sauce thickens up quite quickly, but otherwise the recipe is right on in terms of cooking time, amounts and ingredients. A great combination.