Beef and Scallops
photo by Papa D 1946-2012
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lb flank steak, cut into 1-inch peices
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a skillet or wok, heat peanut oil on med-high heat until almost smoking. Add garlic, sliced beef and broccoli flowerets; stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in scallops and scallions, and stir-fry for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add water, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and white pepper.
- Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes or until scallops are opaque and broccoli is crisp-tender.
- If desired, serve over hot cooked rice or noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!