Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe is different from other ginger-ale glazes on RZ. It has a tangy-sweet flavor with a bite from the mustard & cayenne. From B H & G April 2007.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) boneless ham, fully cooked
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups ginger ale
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place ham on a rack in a roasting pan.
- In a saucepan combine wine, mustard, molasses, and cayenne pepper. Bring to simmering. Simmer, uncovered for 6 minutes.
- Stir in ginger ale.
- Pour glaze over ham.
- Bake 1 hour (I usually cover loosely with foil, afraid of drying it out).
- Increase oven temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake 1 hour more (remove foil covering), basting ham every 15 minutes.
- Brush ham with honey.
- Bake 15 minutes more.
- Slice and serve.