This recipe came from my Grandmother. I've been making it for several years now. Usually at Christmas, I don't really know why...they would be good any time of year.
- Melt butter in a saucepan; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together until they are very thick.
- Stir in the lemon zest and melted butter.
- Sift the flour and baking powder; add to the egg mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Drop by tsp 1 1/2 inches apart onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare glaze.
- Glaze while cookies are warm.
- Store in airtight container!