I love spinach dip. From the Neely's show: Down Home with the Neelys, Episode: Snack Attack! I haven't tried this-YET-put here for safekeeping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or half and half)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies (recommended, Rotel)
- 1 cup shredded four cheese blend
- tortilla chips
- cut vegetables, for serving
- 1Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once it foams, add the shallot and garlic, and saute until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 2Add the flour and cook while stirring until it becomes a light blonde color.
- 3Slowly stir in the heavy cream, and the drained spinach, and simmer until it starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. Remove to a serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gina's Spinach Dip
Serving Size: 1 (1113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.2
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 470.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
four cheese blend