Recipe by Sharon123
I love spinach dip. From the Neely's show: Down Home with the Neelys, Episode: Snack Attack! I haven't tried this-YET-put here for safekeeping!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or half and half)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (recommended, Rotel)
- 1 cup shredded four cheese blend
- tortilla chips
- cut vegetables, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once it foams, add the shallot and garlic, and saute until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook while stirring until it becomes a light blonde color.
- Slowly stir in the heavy cream, and the drained spinach, and simmer until it starts to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and cheese and cook until the cheese is melted. Remove to a serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips.