1/3 Photos of Giblet Stock from Turkey or Chicken or ?? for Soup or Gravy
2 hrs 5 mins
You can use this recipe for chicken or turkey stock for soup or gravy. I like the extra wing added to my stock. But it's not necessary.Cook time between 1 1/2 -2 hours. If cooked down less then 3 cups add water.I like to leave the skin on the onion it gives it a darker richer color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine the wing, neck and giblets (excluding the liver), 6 cups water, celery, carrot, onion, sage,garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns.
- 2Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat and continue to cook at a simmer, skimming the froth occasionally for 1 hour.
- 3Add liver and continue to cook at a bare simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
- 4Strain the stock through a fine sieve into a bowl.
- 5There should be about 3 cups of stock.
- 6Reserve the turkey wing, liver, neck and remaining giblets.
- 7Chop the giblets finely and shred the meat from the wing for the gravy or soup.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Giblet Stock from Turkey or Chicken or ?? for Soup or Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (2038 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 110.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves