Recipe by Amber 505
This is a recipe that my grandmother used to make and, for me, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving with out this gravy.
- turkey giblets, and neck
- 1 small onion
- 2 celery, stalks
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place giblets and neck in a 3 quart sauce pan, along with onion (cut into quarters) and celery (cut into quarters) cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer 2 hours checking to make sure water lever isn't too low.
- Remove onion, celery and giblets.
- Remove meat from neck and chop giblets.
- Melt butter in sauce pan then add flour cooking flour for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add liquid from giblets to flour as well as neck meat and chopped giblets.
- Stir with a wisk and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.