Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a wonderful comforting and filling meal. Talk about home cooking at its best!
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 lb stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, diced
- Make or purchase pastry for one pie crust.
- Combine first four ingredients.
- Coat meat and brown in oil.
- Add onions and celery. Cook five minutes.
- Gradually stir in beef stock. Add the bay leaf, cover and cook over low heat 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes and Carrots. Cook 20 minutes more.
- Turn into 1 1/2 quary casserole and top with pastry or biscuits.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.