Recipe by GingerlyJ
This is from my exes German grandmother. r she suggests using Wondra flour to eliminate lumps
- 6 red potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut small
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 sliced green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- boil potatoes until fork tender.
- slice with skin on.
- fry bacon until almost crisp.
- dran off most of the grease.
- add flour and cook until slightly tan.
- add vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper.
- mix up then add onion'.
- keep cooking and stirring until sauce is at desired thickness.
- pour ht mixture over potatoes.