Recipe by lazyme
From Pillsbury Casseroles & One-Dish Meals. Doesn't sound all that authentic - but does sound good. :D
- 1 (28 ounce) packagefrozen seasoned chunky-style hash-brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 1⁄3 cups half-and-half
- 1 lb cooked kielbasa or 1 lb Polish sausage, cut into 6 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes and sauerkraut; toss to mix.
- In medium bowl, combine soup and half and half; blend well.
- Add soup mixture to potato mixture; mix well.
- Pour potato mixture into sprayed baking dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Arrange sausage pieces over potato mixture, pressing lightly into mixture.
- Bake at 375ºF for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are tender.