Recipe by Random Rachel
Sounds delicious! By Ralf Biertümpfel, auto translated from www.biertuempfel.de, for ZWT4.
Top Review by awalde
This beutiful cake is really delicious. As the previous reviewer noticed, it could be more moist. This cake should be prepare in a rectangular cake mold! I reduced the cooking time to 45 minutes!
Next time I suggest to add some milk (perhaps 1/3 cup) to the dough.
- 1 cup butter (Magarine)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (originally, 1 teel.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 200 g chocolate (about 1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until frothy, and gently add to butter and sugar.
- Add in flour, baking powder and lemon juice.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into a greased and floured cake pan (I'm assuming a 9 inch spring form or 13x9 pan would work.)
- Melt the chocolate, and mix into the remaining batter. (You may need a tablespoon of cream to thin the chocolate as you melt it.) Pour over the batter in the pan, and make a marbled pattern using a fork.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 350°F.