Recipe by Mom2Rose
"Haselnusswaffeln mit Brombeercreme" from Germanfoods.org
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, Mom2Rose, were these waffles excellent. Well worth the extra effort. Made exactly as written, wouldn't change a thing. The flavor and texture was outstanding. Crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again soon for my sister's birthday. :)
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 ounce vanilla sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup finely ground hazelnuts
- 2⁄3 lb cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons blackberry jam
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 lb blackberry
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- With an electric mixer, beat the melted butter with the sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, corn starch and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients and the cream gradually to the butter-egg-sugar mixture.
- Fold in the ground hazelnuts.
- Prepare waffles in preheated waffle maker.
- Combine the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and blackberry jam until smooth.
- Serve the waffles with the cream and fresh blackberries.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.