1/2 Photos of German Chocolate Cake With Milk Chocolate Ganache
2 hrs 20 mins
I was having a chocolate craving one day, and I wanted something decadent, and delicious, So here is what I came up with...It is sooooooo good, and so simple.It looks alot more difficult than it is.Cook time includes setting time for ganache.
My Private Note
bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1Prepare cake according to package directions.Pour into a decorative Bundt pan, and bake according to package directions.
- 2Remove cake from oven, cool in pan 10 minutes, remove cake frompan and cool on wire rack completely.Place cake on serving plate.
- 3Pour heavy whipping cream into heavy sauce pan. Cook, over medium heat, stir occasionally, so not to scorch. Cook just until cream begins to boil.Remove from heat.
- 4Add chocolate chips to whipping cream, stir constantly until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla extract.
- 5Pour chocolate into a bowl. Place in refrigerator, stir every 10 minutes, for 1-2 hours ( It seems to be different for me everytime), until chocolate is amost spreading consistency, but will still drip from sides of cake.
- 6Spread ganache over entire cake, be generous.
- 7With a potato peeler, shave chocolate bar over cake, making chocolate shavings, fall over frosted cake. Do as many as you like.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Cake With Milk Chocolate Ganache
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.8
- Calories from Fat 429
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 163.9 mg
- Sodium 476.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 7.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate bars with almonds and toffee