Recipe by KittyKitty
I was having a chocolate craving one day, and I wanted something decadent, and delicious, So here is what I came up with...It is sooooooo good, and so simple.It looks alot more difficult than it is.Cook time includes setting time for ganache.
Top Review by Cook4_6
If you are a chocolate lover, this one is for you. When I picked this, I was thinking I would end with a traditional german chocolate cake but didn't pay too close attention to the ingredients. The outcome is not a traditional german chocolate cake, but is definitely a death by chocolate dessert! Next time I would make this in 2 round cake pans, cool the cakes then cut them in half, placing some of the ganache on each of the 4 layers. I added toffee pieces to the shavings as well. Very yummy!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box German chocolate cake mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (23 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (5 ounce) hershey symphony chocolate bars with almonds and toffee (this is the big bar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake according to package directions.Pour into a decorative Bundt pan, and bake according to package directions.
- Remove cake from oven, cool in pan 10 minutes, remove cake frompan and cool on wire rack completely.Place cake on serving plate.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into heavy sauce pan. Cook, over medium heat, stir occasionally, so not to scorch. Cook just until cream begins to boil.Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate chips to whipping cream, stir constantly until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate into a bowl. Place in refrigerator, stir every 10 minutes, for 1-2 hours ( It seems to be different for me everytime), until chocolate is amost spreading consistency, but will still drip from sides of cake.
- Spread ganache over entire cake, be generous.
- With a potato peeler, shave chocolate bar over cake, making chocolate shavings, fall over frosted cake. Do as many as you like.