My mom taught me to make the icing from scratch for my favorite cake in the whole world. I've also been known to make some just to satisfy my sweet tooth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first four ingredients and a dash of salt.
- 2Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and bubbles, about 12 minutes.
- 3Cool slightly; add remaining ingredients.
- 5Frosts two 8-inch layers or one 9x13-inch cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Cake Icing
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2192.7
- Calories from Fat 1247
- Total Fat 138.5 g
- Saturated Fat 75.5 g
- Cholesterol 357.3 mg
- Sodium 1021.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 225.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 182.9 g
- Protein 27.3 g