1/4 Photos of German Chocolate Bundt Cake
1 hr 30 mins
Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light (September 2000). Topping the glaze with a bit of extra coconut and nuts dresses it up a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Streusel / Filling
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ounce sweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Set aside.
- 3STREUSEL: Combine 1/4 cup flour and brown sugar in a small bowl; cut in 2 tablespoons butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in coconut and pecans.
- 4CAKE: Combine cocoa and baking chocolate in a small bowl; add boiling water, stirring until chocolate melts. Set aside.
- 5Combine 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar and 1/3 cup butter at medium speed until well-blended, or about 5 minutes.
- 6Add vanilla and egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
- 8Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 9Stir in cocoa mixture.
- 10Spoon half of batter into prepared pan; top with streusel.
- 11Spoon remaining batter over streusel.
- 12Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 13Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.
- 14GLAZE: Combine powdered sugar and butter in a small bowl. Add milk; stir with a whisk. Drizzle over cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for German Chocolate Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.8
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.5 mg
- Sodium 242.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g