Recipe by SusieQusie
While not authentic, this is a wonderful & easy recipe for a baked apple pancake.
Top Review by CoffeeB
This was fabulous in taste Susie. It reminded me more of french toast than pancake's because of the sweetness. DH put maple syrup over his even though I thought it was fine w/o any type of topping. Added a bit of nutmeg to the sprinkling over top. Made only two servings..Glad I tagged for 123 HitWonders 08~
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium apples, pared, cored & sliced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, firmly packed & divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450º.
- Melt butter in a 9 or 10 inch skillet with an ovenproof handle (cast iron works great).
- Arrange apple slices in a single layer over butter.
- Combine 2 tablespoons brown sugar with the cinnamon & sprinkle over the apples.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, until apples are slightly tender ( 5-6 minutes).
- Beat eggs, milk, flour & salt till smooth; pour over apple mixture.
- Bake for 8 minutes; remove from oven.
- Lower temp to 375º.
- Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar over pancake.
- Return to oven & bake till evenly browned; 8-10 minutes.
- Loosen pancake around the edges & cut into wedges.