Walker Brothers Easy German Apple Pancake/Carrie Sheridan
one of my Top Ten favorite foods since i was 18 years old and used to order this at the Walker Brothers Pancake House - a favorite restaurant for those who live on the North Shore of Chicago - so quick, so easy, so delicious - special for Christmas morning, too
- Ready In:
- 1 -2 apple, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- cinnamon sugar, added to butter, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees [i use a Cuisinart larger sized toaster oven - a great appliance for cooking for 2].
- In a cast iron or LeCreuset ovenproof pan, cook sliced apple in melted butter until softened. Remove from heat.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt. Add half and half and blend. Add eggs and whisk thoroughly. Pour this over the sliced apples and place in preheated oven.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes. Remove when puffed and not browned.
- Melt butter in pan while pancake is baking. Add cinnamon sugar to taste. Dish up pancake and drizzle melted butter/cinnamon sugar over each serving.
- [use 2nd apple if you'd like this to be more fruit than pancake].
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I impressed my mom for mothers day and my whole family!! They loved it!! Thanks for such a well-written recipe!!! I tripled the recipe and added brown sugar and cinnamon sugar instead of regular sugar in the pancake part of the recipe. I also added cinnamon sugar--I used McCormicks cinnamon sugar--it is finer cut than regular sugar--all over the top of the pancake when there were only about 5 minutes left to cook, so there was a nice brown color. I didn't use any butter for the top, and it turned out great.1Reply
My dh & I really enjoyed this special treat. I should tell you that my dh seldom eats pancakes, but was thrilled with these. They were quick and easy to make with great results. The pancake was perfect, soft tender and filled with apples and cinnamon. Thank you so much for sharing a new family favorite.2Reply