Recipe by Sharon123
A great way to use leftover rice! I don't have a waffle iron right now, so placing here for safekeeping. Adapted from the USA Rice Foundation.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
The recipe was cut in half and short grain brown rice subbed for plain white. Wasn't too sure about the optional caraway but I got used to it after a few bites. The waffles were Tasty Dish approved which is always a relief. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiff but not dry
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Stir in the combined egg yolks, milk and butter. Beat just until smooth.
- Fold in rice and egg whites that have been beaten stiff but not dry.
- Bake in hot waffle iron.
- Honey Maple Syrup:
- Combine honey, maple syrup, caraway seed, cinnamon and butter; heat to boiling. Serve over waffles. Enjoy!