A great way to use leftover rice! I don't have a waffle iron right now, so placing here for safekeeping. Adapted from the USA Rice Foundation.
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 egg whites, beaten stiff but not dry
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Stir in the combined egg yolks, milk and butter. Beat just until smooth.
- Fold in rice and egg whites that have been beaten stiff but not dry.
- Bake in hot waffle iron.
- Honey Maple Syrup:
- Combine honey, maple syrup, caraway seed, cinnamon and butter; heat to boiling. Serve over waffles. Enjoy!